Sunday, January 14, 2018

Reflections on leaving

From The Living Church-

Much has been said about the virtue of remaining within a church or denomination from which one dissents on theological and spiritual grounds. A number of posts on this blog more or less express my views on the matter. Remaining in the Anglican Church of Canada is something I am committed to, especially as a pastor in a parish and diocese in which I have taken vows. Still, there are reasons for people to leave, and sometimes the rationale for remaining can fly so high that it leaves people in the cold. I say this as one who finds himself in the Anglican Church of Canada after having come from somewhere else, and as one whose parents left a tradition. It was a difficult decision, but one that may have very well saved my life.

More here-

https://livingchurch.org/covenant/2018/01/09/reflections-on-leaving/

No comments: