Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Secret to Marriage Is Never Getting Married

From The New York Times-

I am often asked if I am married. Sometimes I lie and say that I am. Sometimes I lie and say that I am not. Neither answer feels entirely truthful to me.

If I say I am not married, the true answer, people occasionally try to set me up with their offspring. They seem to think I would be a great daughter-in-law. Actually, I would be a great daughter-in-law. I send thank-you cards. I am a terrific conversationalist. I can bake a pie.

I met the man I am not married to the second week of college.

“You’re wearing black,” Hans said. “I’m wearing black.”

This was said with some irony; we were standing in a black box theater. Everyone was wearing black. He had a girlfriend, so we didn’t get together until several months later. We have been together ever since, 21 years.


More here-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/style/modern-love-the-secret-to-marriage.html?mc=aud_dev&mcid=fb-nytimes&mccr=smtyl-15%3A36%3A21&subid=October+-+Smartly+-+Mid+Funnel

No comments: